Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So I'm leaving in a couple of hours...

So basically this is a post about art and artist. I'm leaving in a couple of hours to Europe. The trip is basically and art trip, seeing art, talking art and hopefully shooting stuff that will turn into art. I'll be back in two weeks. I probably wont be posting so I hope you check back in around November 26th..

Kicking off this post with a smootch, Chris Johanson and his beautiful wife Jo Jackson.

This is Dean and Randy from No Age. We are keeping our fingers crossed that they will be playing Ed's opening at the Smack next year in Ghent, Belgium. They ROCK!

This is Barry Mcgee, Clare Rojas and Asha. Barry is having an opening in L.A. on the 20th of this month, I think you can get all the details from the RVCA website.

This is Tim, he is the head hauncho of the Tim Van Laere gallery. Also taking Ed on an incredible art journey.

A little close up of Jim Goldberg's wall. I hope he doesn't mind that I shot this..

This is Sally Mann giving a talk in Copenhagen a couple of years ago, what a treat!

This is Mr. Aaron Rose, he basically kick started Ed's art career.

Mike Mills in front of his work in a show we were in in Milan.

Ed painting Mike Mills

A little portrait of Miranda July

Cheers!!

14 comments:

gloss said...

I love the juxtaposition -- in content & black vs. white -- of the first Mike Mills picture in the gallery and the following one of Ed painting him. The juxtaposition is breathtaking.

Travel safe!

Vladimir said...

deanna and ed, i admire and respect both of you, i know there will be a lot of vegan smotties or something like that
like the argentinos will say SEBATE!!

Anonymous said...

Good God, this post is beautiful.

FRWLx said...

Loving this stuff! Keep it up! No uk shows planned?

Raphael said...

awesome. that picture of ed painting mills is so frozen. you captured ed's intense stare so well. hey jake, the guy in the picture is Justice Yeldham

Anonymous said...

Wait, was that directed toward me, Raphael?

Vince said...

KEWL

Raphael said...

yeah. see the latest post, ZING!

Jeff from Vancouver said...

Deanna,

thanks for posting your blog. Yours and Ed's blogs are great entertainment.

DarkMagic.com said...

Well hi there! :D I hoppe you have a good time in Europe, I know I´m!
/Anna.

Eggs McManus said...

OK
This is a really cool posting.
I like the behind the scenes painting shots.

michelle said...

Barry McGee and Miranda July are the shit!

Anonymous said...

Your captions keep throwing me off!!! I'm use to reading the caption under the photo! I guess I like my toilet paper set under and not over : ) Lovely photos

free hard core taboo stories said...

They might kill her. Ginger retrained the weapon, singling out a target.
free literotica sex stories gay beastiality
sex teen stories
sex stories erotic
young sex stories post
amateur wife slut interracial stories
They might kill her. Ginger retrained the weapon, singling out a target.